Recipe by Gourmet Inspirations
- Gourmet Inspirations Prairie Berry Dessert Sauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 cups butter milk (or add 2 tbsp. White vinegar to milk to make buttermilk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Oil for frying
- Whipped cream (to make it a special breakfast!)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with milk and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the liquids.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Spread with butter and drizzle with prairie berry dessert sauce! Add whipped cream to make it a “special breakfast”.