We love a good cup of tea, especially when it's formulated by a Canadian Registered Nutritionist named Meredith! Our tea selection hails from Lake & Oak Tea Co. based out of Toronto.
Using 100% organic herbs, fruits, roots and plants with absolutely no sneaky "natural flavours" or sweeteners and it's formulated with cutting edge superfoods and adaptogens.Lake & Oak teas are delicious hot, cold brewed or fused into recipes like the one below!
Golden Superfood Oats
Recipe by Lake & Oak
Not only are oats full of fibre and plant-protein, but they are a delicious canvas for adding in as many superfoods that you can. This rendition stirs in our Sun Mylk - turmeric adaptogen blend with maca and ashwagandha - giving you a warming, sunny porridge that will brighten up your morning!
Ingredients (Serves 2) :
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cups plant milk
- 1 tsp Sun Mylk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- Maple syrup, to taste.
- Optional mix-ins: coconut flakes, pecans, walnuts, golden berries, goji berries
- In a medium pot, add oats and coconut oil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 min, until toasty and aromatic. (this toasts oats and enhances the flavour)
- Add water and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for at least 12-15 min, stirring occasionally to ensure the bottom doesn't burn. (longer if you like it creamier)
- Stir in maple syrup and salt, and extra milk if desired.